Placido MINEOAssociate Professor of [CHIM/04]
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +39 095 738 5033
Mobile: +39 095 3935801635
Fax: +39 095 580138
Web Site: www.placidogiuseppemineo.it
Associate Professor of Industrial Chemistry (CHIM04)
Courses: Fundamentals of Polymers Sciences at the B.D. course of Industrial Chemistry; Macromolecular Chemistry at the B.D. course of Industrial Chemistry; Functional Polymers at the M.D. course of Materials Chemistry
Main research topics:
- Synthesis and characterization, structural and thermal, of synthetic polymers and for special uses, containing: fullerenes; porphyrins; metal complexes for application in the field of nonlinear optics
- Synthesis and characterization, structural, physicochemical and functional of metallic complexes of water-soluble porphyrins as biomolecular sensors
- Synthesis and characterization of inorganic / organic hybrid systems for VOC sensors
- Evaluation of analytical problems related to mass spectrometry MALDI-TOF and ESI-MS.
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-3382-9272
University Education: Degree in Chemistry, University of Messina; Ph.D. in “Polymeric Materials for Special Uses”, University of Catania
Current appointment: Associate Professor of Industrial Chemistry - Department of Chemical Science, University of Catania; Responsible of the Polymer Laboratory of the Department of Chemistry, University of Catania; Steering Committee member of the PhD course in Science of the Materials and Nanotechnologies, University of Catania.
Research activity in other Institutions: Researcher in the Institute for Chemical-Physical Processes - CNR; Researcher in the Institute for Polymers, Composities and Biomaterial, CNR.
Teaching activity: Fundamentals of Polymer Chemistry; Macromolecular Chemistry; Functional polymers.
Bibliometric indicators (Web of Science): 97 research papers; Hirsch Index (H-Index): 27; Citations: 1880
Other output: 2 patents; 2 Chapter of Book.
Meeting communications: 78 oral and poster communications.
Research Projects (member of unit): PLAST-Ics – Catania Ricerche and ST-Microelectronics; NATO Project “Organic Optical and Electronic Sensors: Sniffing Out Chemicals”; “New Porphyrins as Chirogenetic Probes to Recognition of Peptides and Proteins of Biological Interest” - PRIN 2008
Coordination of research projects: Project DIATEME (PON01_00074) "High technology devices for biomedical applications" - Operative National Program " Research and Competitiveness", Ministry of Education, Universities and Research; vice-responsible of research unit - Project “New Porphyrins as Chirogenetic Probes to Recognition of Peptides and Proteins of Biological Interest” - PRIN 2008.
Research interests: Synthesis of synthetic polymers for special uses; Structural characterization of polymers by MALDI-TOF and NMR techniques; Thermal characterization of polymers; Synthesis and functional characterization of water-soluble porphyrins and its metal complexes as bio-molecular sensors; Fabrication of organic/inorganic hybrids systems as sensors
Professional Society Memberships: Associazione Italiana Macromolecole (AIM); American Chemical Society (ACS); Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale per la Scienza e Tecnologia dei Materiali (INSTM); Società Chimica Italiana (SCI); American Nano Society (ANS)
Refereeing Activities for University and Research Institutes: Referee of projects “Futuro in Ricerca 2013” - Ministry of Education, Universities and Research; Referee for tenure track , Al-Hussein Bin Talal University , Amman, Jordan; Referee research project, National Research Council - Romanian Government.
Refereeing Activities for international journals: Journal of the American Chemical Society (ACS); Journal of Applied Polymer Science (Wiley Ed.); Chemistry - A European Journal (Wiley Ed.); Polymer International (Wiley Ed.); Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry (Wiley Ed.); Macromolecules (ACS); Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (Springer ed.); Journal of Physical Chemistry (ACS); Dyes and Pigments (Elsevier); Journal of Molecular Structure (Elsevier); Journal of Polymer Engineering (De Gruiter Ed.); Letters in Organic Chemistry (Bentham Science Ed.); Journal of Luminescence (Elsevier).
• Synthesis of polymers for special uses (containing fullerene, porphyrin, metal complexes, etc.)
• Structural characterization of polymers by MALDI-TOF and NMR techniques
• Thermal characterization of polymers
• Synthesis and structural characterization of water-soluble porphyrins and its metal complexes
• Functional characterization of water-soluble porphyrins and its metal complexes as bio-molecular sensors
• Fabrication of organic/inorganic hybrids systems as sensors