New position available for a PhD student (Early stage researcher - 36 months contract)
Horizon 2020 project AiPBAND (MCSA-ITN). Title: Plasmonic detection of microRNA biomarkers in microfluidic devices for brain cancer non-invasive diagnosis. Contract duration: 36 months. Tentative starting date: July 2018- 10 September 2018. Host institute: Department of Chemical Sciences, University of Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95125, Catania (Italy), http://www.dsc.unict.it/en Official call and description of procedures: http://ws1.unict.it/albo/files/2290738_44691.PDF
As one of the partners in the AiPBAND (An Integrated Platform for Developing Brain Cancer Diagnostic Techniques) EU project, we are looking for a highly motivated PhD student (Early Stage Researcher) who will be working on the development of assays for the ultrasensitive detection of microRNAs related to gliomas by using microfluidic devices integrating plasmonic-based detection approaches. Target application of the assays will be the liquid biopsy. A PhD candidate will be offered an unique opportunity to pursue the research in extremely dynamic Bioanalytical laboratory at Chemistry Department - University of Catania as well as to become part of the world-class European Innovative Training Network AiPBAND. A PhD candidate will be enrolled in local training of the Chemical Sciences PhD course at University of Catania as well as network-wide training within this European project through summer schools, workshops, conferences and secondments. Majority of his/her PhD research will be performed in the Bioanalytical laboratory of the Department of Chemical Sciences, Viale Andrea Doria 6, Catania (Italy ), supervised by prof. Giuseppe Spoto. As part of the project training program and PhD, a student will have periods of study (up to few months in total) in typically two or three other collaborating universities/companies in the AiPBAND project. The PhD candidate will have a highly competitive salary according to Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions rules that will contemplate living and mobility allowances (gross salary about €38,000 per year. Family allowance will be also paid should the researcher have family). Candidates must be, at the time of recruitment, in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Mobility rule: at the time of recruitment, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date
- Candidate must have a Master degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, biochemistry, physics or affine sectors
- Previous experience in biosensing, microfluidics and biomolecular assay development will be considered as a strong asset
- Candidates are highly motivated to do research in dynamic environment and as part of this unique EU training program
- Candidates are communicative, creative, eager to learn and able to work independently as well as part of the team
- Strong and proven knowledge of the English language is a must
- Willingness to travel
- Candidates must be available for starting between July and September 10, 2018.
For enquires you may contact: Prof. Giuseppe Spoto (firstname.lastname@example.org). Procedures for the submission of your application are described in Art. 4 of the official call (http://ws1.unict.it/albo/files/2290738_44691.PDF). -
Data di pubblicazione: 04/04/2018